It is time to get your campaign in high gear and “sell out the house.” Have you set the goals for this year’s campaign? Are you creating different points of entry for potential subscribers? Do you have the volunteers it takes to have a successful campaign? A volunteer’s time is very valuable…make sure that you are using it effectively.
- You should aim for a board member to volunteer ratio of 1 to 10
- The volunteers should be committed, effective and knowledgeable of your organization
- Set up teams and team captains to monitor progress throughout the campaign
- Make sure that the volunteers and board members are very informed about the artists in your series
- Recruit volunteers from many different organizations in the community: clubs, churches, private and public schools, colleges, business firms, etc.
Let us know how you find your volunteers…comment below.
Renewals vs. New Subscribers
The renewal process should be automatic. After all, these are the people that already know about you. Most of your time and energy should be focused on “new subscribers.”
Renewals=20% New Subscribers=80%
- The earlier the better for securing renewals
- Streamline your renewal process
- Assign only a few volunteers to work on renewals
- Reach out to people that haven’t hear about you
- Increase the diversity in your audience
- Does your current audience demographic reflect your community?
- Do you have audience members from a 50 mile radius?
Let us know how you find new subscribers…comment below.
- Map a 50 mile radius around your town
- Recruit volunteers and/or board members from these newly identified areas
- Spread your campaign efforts throughout these newly defined areas
- Connect with businesses and the Chamber of Commerce in these areas
- Set a six week time table
- Have your volunteers report daily or at least twice a week
- A shorter campaign timeline offers a sense of achievement quickly and keeps the volunteers focused
- Never stop selling, but offer “early bird specials” and incentives to buy early
Incentivize your Volunteers
There are many ways to incentivize your volunteers and make the campaign more effective. Give away prizes to top selling volunteers during your campaign. You can also have contests between different groups of volunteers. It is easy to obtain coupons and discounts from local restaurants and other businesses. Just speak with a manager and let them know what you are doing. They will be happy to help because it will bring them additional business.
We welcome your questions and comments regarding the campaign process. Please let us know what challenges your organization is having and/or challenges that your organization has overcome. We would like to share your thoughts and experiences in this forum.